- Category: Maps & Encounters
- Published on Wednesday, 28 December 2011 13:14
- Written by Dave Couture
Elrohir’s family lives in a house built on a big tree in the forest north of Corentyn. The elven family includes Elrohir Celebrindal (10th level ranger), his wife Inwë (8th level druid), their son Finrod (1st level wizard) and the grandfather Turgon (11th level wizard).
A1. Helicoidal Stairway
At the bottom of the tree there is a big stairway that gives access to the house located higher in the tree.
The boudoir is furnished with a chair and a very comfortable couch.
B2. Turgon’s Laboratory
The laboratory is the room where Turgon conduct his researches and train the young Finrod to the art of wizardry. The room is furnished with a large bookshelf, a shelf containing empty bottles and potions, a small table for reading or studying, and a writing desk.
The room is locked with a lock of good quality (Disable Device DC 30). The windows are protected with a Fire Trap Spell (Perception DC 29, Disable Device DC 29, effect: 1d4+11 of fire damage).
Among other books, the bookshelf contains four spellbooks.
- The first one, “Initiation to wizardry”, contains basic spells for apprentices (1st – Alarm, Comprehend Language, Disguise Self, Hold Portal, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Mount and Sleep).
- The second one, “Master of Disguise: the beginning”, contains spells on the art of going unnoticed (1st – Disguise Self and Ventriloquism; 2nd – Alter Self and Invisibility; 3rd – Beast Shape I and Tongues; 4th – Beast Shape II and Elemental Body I; Beast Shape III, Elemental Body II and Polymorph).
- The third one, “The power of fire: the basics”, contains fire related spells (1st – Burning Hands; 2nd – Continual Flame and Pyrotechnics; 3rd – Fireball and Flame Arrow; 4th – Fire Shield and Fire Trap).
- The last one, “Divination volume 1”, contains many divination related spells (1st – Detect Secret Doors and Identify; 2nd – Detect Thoughts, Locate Object and See Invisibility; 3rd – Arcane Sight and Clairaudience/Clairvoyance; 4th – Arcane Eye, Detect Scrying, Location Creature and Scrying).
The bookshelf also contains some scroll made by Turgon (11th level wizard): one scroll of Beast Shape I, one scroll of Detect Secret Doors and one scroll of Dimension Door.
Through the empty bottles some potions could be found in the shelf: one potion of Disguise Self, one potion of Displacement, two potions of Fly and one potion of Haste. All potions were made by a Turgon (11th level wizard).
B3. Storage Room
The storage room contains a barrel and three crates. One crate contains old clothes, one contains fabrics and the last one contains an old cookware.
One wall in the storage room gives access to a hidden place (Perception DC 20). This small section of the room contains a large chest. The chest is locked with a good quality lock (Disable Device DC 30) and it is protected with a Fire Trap spell (Perception DC 29, Disable Device DC 29, effect: 1d4+11 of fire damage). The chest contains 7 platinum pieces, 124 gold pieces, 3 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+11) one scroll of Shrink Item.
The large corridor gives access to all the rooms on this floor.
C2. Dining Room
The dining room is a large room where the family gathers to eat and socialize. The room contains a buffet containing plates and utensils and a large table that could accommodate 8 persons. A wine barrel is also placed near the table so that people who eat have easy access to a good brewage.
The kitchen is the room where Inwë prepares meals for its family. The kitchen contains a buffet, an oven and two working tables. One table is used to prepare meals and the other to prepare bread. A good quality cookware is stored in the buffet.
Some logs are stacked in the room. A small axe is placed near the pile in case of some logs have to be cut before they can be placed in the oven.
C4. Storage Room
The storage room contains a barrel and two crates. The barrel is filled with wine. One crate contains dried and salted meats and the other one contains sausages.
C5. Turgon’s Bedroom
The grandfather bedroom contains a bed, wardrobe and a writing desk. The wardrobe contains one noble outfit worn during special occasions, three mage robes and one cloak of elvenkind. On the writing desk is placed a diary where Turgon writes his memories.
The room is locked with a lock of good quality (Disable Device DC 30). The window is protected with a Fire Trap Spell (Perception DC 29, Disable Device DC 29, effect: 1d4+11 of fire damage).
C6. Finrod Bedroom
The bedroom contains a bed, a small chest and a wardrobe. The small chest contains wooden toys and the wardrobe contains children's linen.
The boudoir is furnished with two chairs, a very comfortable couch and a round table. Elrohir and his wife Inwë often occupy this room for long discussions.
The family owns its personal library. More than 50 books are kept in two big wooden bookshelves. Finding a one of the following books in the bookshelves requires a Perception DC 15.
- The “Cured by plants” book illustrates many plants of the forest and indicates their usages in different type of potions. This book gives a +4 circumstance bonus on Heal checks when using plants from the Corentyn forest for treating disease or poison.
- The “Mushrooms of Corentyn” book illustrates different types of mushroom and indicates which can be eaten and which cannot. This book gives a +4 circumstance bonus on Survival checks for providing food in the forests near Corentyn.
- The “Music of the High Elves” book contains many songs written by great elven bards. This book gives a +2 circumstance bonus to Perform check on lute performance.
C9. Master Bedroom (Elrohir and Inwë)
The master bedroom is furnished with a large bed, a large bookshelf containing story books that relate Elrohir’s adventures, a wooden chest, a wardrobe and a writing desk. The chest is locked with a lock of good quality (Disable Device DC 30). The chest contains 35 gold pieces, 87 silver pieces and 35 copper pieces. The wardrobe contains two noble outfits, one for man and one for women, one explorer outfit and four robes.
Elrohir keeps his armours and weapons under his bed (Perception DC 15). The underside of its bed contains one longsword +1, one composite longbow +1, 12 arrows and one studded leather +1.